It’s probably hard to imagine now, but there was a time when Kaboompics was a precariously lit bonfire instead of the visual explosion it is today. When I was just starting out, I was paying more attention to the photos I was taking, figuring that if they were good enough, nothing else mattered. During that time, I was a Schrödinger’s photographer – both right and wrong at the same time. That started to change when I implemented some simple ideas that helped me Increase Blog Traffic at Kaboompics. Now, I wrote them down and can share them with you!;)
Because while good quality content is crucial when it comes to gaining and, perhaps more importantly, keeping customers and visitors; the way to present that content is just as important.
Did you know that, on average, it takes about 44 meetings to fix a bad first impression? People tend to judge others based on their own preconceived notions and first impressions. They pick people and companies who, at a first glance, look professional, making you trust them from the get-go. You can use that automatic, almost involuntary response, to make sure your blog, or any other project you’re working on, succeeds.
First impression is the key to success, so always try to make the best one.
The devil’s in the details, and when it comes to being a professional, there’s no place for negligence and imperfections. I’m not talking about never making any mistakes, that’s impossible. It’s about paying attention to the small things you might’ve missed along the way.
Let me ask you this:
- Is your blog theme good? Does it look professional?
- Do you pay attention to the way the text is formatted? (Paragraphs, headers, alignment, links, letter capitalization, commas, typos etc.)
- Do you care about the quality of the photos you use in your articles?
- Do you make sure the graphics and photos are properly sized?
- Do you have a color scheme you always keep?
- Does your “About” page describes you well? Does it say who you are, what you do and what are your accomplishments?
- Is the photo on the “About” page of you? Is it trustworthy and professional?
- Do you regularly add content to your blog and your social media?
- Does your blog imagery fit your target audience?
- Do you have your own logo?
These are only few aspects of a good, professional blog that can tip the scales in your favor. And while the advantage of the Internet is that nothing is written in stone and you don’t have to get things right from the start, each of these details will increase your potential to succeed. Once you are able to answer yes to most of this questions, you will surely notice that the popularity of your web is rocketing! Remember, it is not that hard to Increase Blog Traffic.
Try to evaluate your blog on a regular basis, and look for ways to improve it. One thing, every week. You will be surprised how quickly those tiny steps will result in an amazing, professional website.
And check out all the Free Stock Photos at Kaboompics!
They will look great on your website!